John McClusky, "Wine Bottle" oil, 16" x 20"
Top ten things you should know about the Buhl Arts Council:
1. Mission: To enrich the creative spirit by providing education and exposure to the arts.
2. Four main goals:
a. Education and exposure to the arts
b. Opportunities for artists to work within the community
c. Collaborate with local organizations
d. Build a healthy and dynamic organization
Performing Arts: 8 public performances, 4 free summer outdoor performances, 12 performances in Buhl and Castleford schools,
Visual Arts: 7 art exhibits, 2 youth programs: ESCAPE (After school art alternative for middle and high school aged youth) and Art Adventure (for Castleford 3rd and 4th graders.),
All Arts: numerous classes/presentations for all ages.
4. Budget: FY 2004 - $100,000
Income: FY 2004 - $36,000 grants/foundations, $60,000 private/corporate donations, $4,000 tickets/ other income
Expenses: $38,000 performances, $28,000 ESCAPE, $5,200 Art Adventure, $28,800 operating/other
5. Organization: The
Buhl Arts Council is a non-profit 501-c3 community based organization founded
in 1988 by local members of the community with an interest in promoting the
arts in the West End of the
6. Fundraising: Programs are made possible by generous tax deductible donations through annual giving contributions, program sponsorships, membership contributions, ticket sales and state/regional and federal grants.
7. Collaborations: In order to have the strongest programs possible, the Buhl Arts Council collaborates with the local chamber of commerce, city departments, school districts, service organizations, Boys and Girls Club of the Magic Valley/ Buhl, other youth affiliated organizations and businesses.
8. Leadership: Nine member Board or Directors rotating every two years. 11 board meetings a year and 1 Annual Strategic Planning Retreat. Staff: Two part-time staff – Executive Director (30 hr/wk) and Office Manager (20 hr/wk), numerous artists on contract. 20 frequent volunteers
9. Facility: The
BAC is housed in the
Buhl Arts Council Board and Staff
President Carolyn Erickson
Vice President Kacee O’Connor
Board Members Shirley
Anderson, Rich Stivers,
At Large Member Kathy Ruyts
Executive Director Kelly Daluiso
Office Manager Marty
Culinary Advisor LuAnn Stites
Technical Consultant Robert Sigmon
Performance Manager Jim Soran
Buhl Arts Council
FY 2005-06 Strategic Plan:
Goal 1: Provide education and exposure to the Arts.
Objective 1: Provide a diversity of performing arts events.
Objective 2: Offer adult educational opportunities in the arts and humanities.
Objective 3: Provide out of school opportunities for youth to explore the arts.
Objective 4: Provide the community exposure to a variety of visual art experiences.
Goal 2: Provide opportunities for artists of all disciplines to work within the community for compensation.
Objective 1: Provide opportunities for artists to showcase themselves, their work, and their techniques.
Objective 2: Provide during-school opportunities for artists.
Objective 3: Explore opportunities to educate the community about the value of arts as a livelihood.
Goal 3: Explore arts and cultural endeavors in collaboration with a diverse variety of local organizations.
Objective 1: Explore community collaborations to promote public art.
Objective 2: Work with communities to encourage arts events.
Objective 1: Develop a strong structure
Objective 2: Increase visibility through public relations and marketing
Objective 3: Develop tools for assessment and evaluation both internally and by the community
Objective 4: Establish a sound financial plan.